First ILC Workshop
Work Group Organization:
- WG1 - Overall Design: Discuss on the overall design including
the conventional facilities. The topics include:
- Choice of the initial and final stage energies
and the accelerating gradient.
- Review of the machine parameters and their
inter-relationship. Clarify the impact of their
choices on the machine design.
- Conventional facilities for the main liacs: Two-tunnels
- Damping ring design: Dog-bones to share the tunnels
with the main linacs vs rings in separate tunnels.
- Positron source: Undulator-based vs conventional
designs. Priority of the polarized positrons?
- Beam crossing angle at the interaction point.
- Beam dynamics issues. Tolerances.
- WG2 - Main linacs: Main linac system issues, including:
- RF power sources; modulators, HV-cables, klystrons.
- RF power distribution
- RF controls on the cavities
- Cryogenic systems
- Superconducting magnets
- Cryomodule engineering
- WG3 - Injector: Electron/positron sources, damping rings, and
- Polarized electron sources
- Positron source system designs
- Damping ring designs
- WG4 - Beam Delivery: Collimators, machine protection,
final focus, machine detector interface, beam dumps:
- Everything downstream of the main linacs
- WG5 - High gradient cavities:
- Discuss about the accelerating cavities, in particular
establishing the baseline performance and going beyond it.
Work Group Conveners:
|| Kiyoshi Kubo
|| Daniel Schulte
|| Tor Raubenheimer
|| Hitoshi Hayano
|| Terry Garvey
|| Chris Adolphsen
|| Masao Kuriki
|| Susanne Guiducci
|| Gerry Dugan
|| Tomoyuki Sanuki
|| Grahame Blair
|| Andrei Seryi
|| Kenji Saito
|| Dieter Proch
|| Helen Edwards
- One convener for each working group from each of the
three regions has been appointed by the program committee.
- The conveners are expected:
to find working group speakers, working with the
- to give the outline of the group in the first day
- to coordinate the group discussion on the second
- to give the group summary on the last day.
Work Group Scientific Secretaries:
|| Kiyoshi Kubo (KEK, also serving as a convener)
|| Eiji Kako (KEK)
|| Toshiyuki Okugi (KEK)
|| Shigeru Kuroda (KEK)
| || Takanori Mihara (Kyoto)
|| Takayuki Saeki (KEK)
Notes for Participants: (Updated: Nov.16, 2004)
- All presentation materials known to the webadmin have been
made available for viewing.
- If you find any errors or omissions, or if the participants
would like to replace the presentation files, the communication
should be sent to the
Local Organizing Committee (LOC) and the relevant WG Conveners.
Old Notes for Participants: (Last Updated: Nov.11, 2004)
- Please, prepare your presentations in the electronic
form. All the meeting rooms for this Workshop will be
equipped with computer projectors.
- During or after the session, the scientific secreatries will
collect an electronic
copy of your presentation files for web posting and
the proceedings. Please, have your files
ready for copying.
- Use of traditional OHP slides is not supported.
- If you intend to
bring your own laptop computers and use wireless LAN connections at KEK,
we suggest you let the
LOC know the MAC number of your equipment if you have
not done so yet. This allows us to pre-register your computer before