[Ext-GDE-96] BDS Change Request - Nov.29, 2006 (CCR#23)

Dear Colleagues,

I am announcing that CCB has received a change request proposal for
the BDS section of GDE/ILC BCD from A.Seryi, who is representing
the ML AG.

The change request seeks to apply a revision to the BCD and

 Redefine the BDS baseline to be a single IR 14mrad beamline with
 two complementary detectors in push-pull configuration, upgradeable
 to 1TeV in the same layout (corresponding to 2006e optics).
 The CFS layout would feature removal of alcoves present in
 the previous version and reintroduction of the single service tunnel
 shared in part with Central Injector System

Supporting materials, as communicated by the requester are available
at:

   http://www-project.slac.stanford.edu/ilc/acceldev/beamdelivery/rdr/docs/CCR_push-pull/

The proponents suggest Class-2 for this change request, and CCB

CCB is taking following actions:

- This CCR is called CCR#23
- CCB tentatively agrees to treat this CCR as Class-2.
- Toge is asking G.Blair, T.Markiewicz and K.Kubo as CCB reviewers,
  pending confirmation.
- CCB hearing (webex session) will be scheduled shortly for CCB
  to learn the specifics of cost impacts.
- CCB seeks any useful and relevant remarks and comments concerning
  this CCR from members of the concerned physics community,
  besides what has been already referenced in CCR_push-pull.doc.

Now this request is brought to review by the CCB, and is also open to
general discussion. Any members of GDE or GDE-related task groups with
comments or questions on this request, please, direct them to
ml-ccb@xxxxxxxxxxxx and/or ml-ext-gde@xxxxxxxxxxxx by the end of
Tuesday,Dec.5, 2006, PST.

My thanks in advance for your cooperation.

BCD is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_home
BCD change history is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_history

Sincerely,
--- Begin Message ---
 Dear Nobu and Colleagues in CCB,

We are submitting a change request which
is described in the attached file "CCR_push-pull.doc".

The supporting files are linked from "CCR_push-pull.doc"
and are placed here
http://www-project.slac.stanford.edu/ilc/acceldev/beamdelivery/rdr/docs/CCR_push-pull/

 Best regards,
  BDS Area leaders
  Deepa Angal-Kalinin, Andrei Seryi, Hitoshi Yamamoto

--- End Message ---