[CCB-950] Fw: CCR#20 simulation

Dear CCB Colleagues,

Here is yet one more communication from Michizono concerning
CCR#20.

- Nobu
--- Begin Message ---
Dear Toge-san,

I attach some simulation results about CCR#20.
My simulation indicate the rf power loss is sensitive to 1. detuning, 2. parameter variation, 3. beam current. These effects are slightly different from FNAL's number but totally not so different. (I did not include operation point (~10%), side band effects, non-linearity and so on due to the dificulties to include in the simulation.)

Another point is that when we operate the vector-sum, large variety of the cavity fields take place. This means maybe 35 MV/m vertical test is not sufficient for the operation as long as the loaded Q and rf distributions are controled ~3% rms. (And if all the cavities have to be operated <35 MV/m, we need additional rf power due to the rf loss at such cavities.)

Best wishes.
Shin

Shinichiro MICHIZONO
Accelerator Laboratory
High Energy Accelerator Research Organization(KEK)
1-1 Oho, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0801 Japan

 e-mail: shinichiro.michizono@xxxxxx
tel:+81.298.64.5697
     +81.298.64.5200 + 4641 (PHS)
fax:+81.298.64.3182