[Ext-GDE-92] PES Change Request - Nov.17, 2006 (CCR#22)

Dear Colleagues,

I am announcing that CCB has received a change request proposal for
the Polarized Electron Source (PES) section of GDE/ILC BCD from
A.Brachmann, who is representing the e- source AG.

The change request seeks to apply four revisions to the BCD -

1.  Eliminate the second  normal conducting beam line, which was
    originally conceived as a backup

2.  Eliminate cavern for the laser system; locate the laser system
    in a surface building and add a small diameter shaft (d = 1.5 m)
    for transporting the laser beam.

3.  Modification of 'dogleg' section of beamline - Replace with
    vertical chicane.

4.  Eliminate 2 L-band bunchers and NC pre-accelerator with combined
    TW tapered L-band bunching and pre-acceleration section.

The main motivation for this CCR to the electron source baseline design
is to reduce the overall cost of this area, and according to the
requester the cost impact corresponds to Class-1.

The CCB is taking the following actions.

- This Change Request hereafter is called CCR#22.
- CCB tentatively classifies CCR#22 as Class-1.
- Kuriki and Toge are assigned as CCB reviewers, pending
  confirmation.

Now this request is brought to review by the CCB, and is also open to
general discussion. Any members of GDE or GDE-related task groups with
comments or questions on this request, please, direct them to
ml-ccb@xxxxxxxxxxxx and/or ml-ext-gde@xxxxxxxxxxxx by the end of Tuesday,
Nov.21, 2006, PST.

My thanks in advance for your cooperation.

BCD is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_home
BCD change history is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_history