[Ext-GDE-62] BDS Change Request - Sep.9, 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I am announcing that GDE Change Configuration Board (CCB) has
received a change request for the Beam Delivery System (BDS) section
of ILC Baseline Config Doc from A.Seryi who is representing the
BDS Area Group (BDS AG).

This change request relates to a proposal to reduce the thickness
and the population of so-called "muon spoilers" in BDS.

The specifics of the Change Request are available at

   http://www-project.slac.stanford.edu/ilc/acceldev/beamdelivery/rdr/docs/CCR_muon/CCR_muon_walls.doc

The requesters suggest Class 1 as classification for this change
request. The CCB chair tentatively concurs, so it will be treated
as Class 1 till it is confirmed.

I have asked G.Blair and T.Markiewicz to act as CCB reviewers (to be
confirmed shortly).

Now this request is brought to review by CCB, and is also open to
general discussion. Any members of GDE or GDE-related task groups
with comments or questions on this request, please, direct them to
ml-ccb@xxxxxxxxxxxx and/or ml-ext-gde@xxxxxxxxxxxx by the end of
Thursday, Sep. 14, PDT. Those of you who received this circular
are encouraged to share this information with your colleagues
and bring in remarks on their behalf, also.

BCD is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_home
BCD change history is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_history
BDS-related RDR materials are compiled and posted at
   http://www-project.slac.stanford.edu/ilc/acceldev/beamdelivery/rdr/

--- Begin Message ---

 Dear Nobu and Colleagues in CCB,

We are submitting a change request which
is described in the attached file "CCR_muon_walls.doc".

The supporting files are linked from "CCR_muon_walls.doc"
and are placed here
http://www-project.slac.stanford.edu/ilc/acceldev/beamdelivery/rdr/docs/CCR_muon/

 Best regards,
  BDS Area leaders
  Deepa Angal-Kalinin, Andrei Seryi, Hitoshi Yamamoto

--- End Message ---