From: Warren Funk [mailto:lwfunk@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 9:15 AM
To: N.Toge
Cc: ml-ccb@xxxxxxxxxxxx; ml-ext-gde@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Ext-GDE-46] ML Change Request - June 12, 2006

Dear Nobu:

I agree to act as reviewer for this change.

I disagree with the classification of this change as Class 0.  The proposal calls for an increase of ~170 magnet sets.  I estimate that the cost of this will fall somewhere between $15M and $20M, when development costs are included.  There is evidently some offset (savings in RF distribution) but unless I'm missing something (it's happend before!) that won't be large.

I request that you consider classifying it as Class 1.

Regards,

Warren

N.Toge wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

I am announcing that CCB has received a change request for the Main
Linac (ML) section of ILC Baseline Config Doc from C.Adolphsen,
who is representing the ML AG.

This change request mainly relates to layout specifications for
the cryostats, beam position monitors, focusing quads
and the associated orbit correction dipole magnets. Another
part of the change request relates to elimination of a duplicate
subsection (cryogenics).

The requesters suggest Class 0 as classification for this change
request. The CCB chair tentatively agrees to treat this as Class 0,
pending consultation within CCB.

I am asking W.Funk and C.Pagani to act as CCB reviewers (to be
confirmed shortly).

Now this request is brought to review by CCB, and is also open to
general discussion. Any members of GDE or GDE-related task groups with
comments or questions on this request, please, direct them to
ml-ccb@xxxxxxxxxxxx and/or ml-ext-gde@xxxxxxxxxxxx by the end of
Friday, June 16, PDT.

BCD is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_home
BCD change history is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_history
ML-related RDR materials are compiled and posted at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=rdr:rdr_as:main_linac_home