Re: [Ext-GDE-41] BDS Change Request - May 17, 2006

Dear Nobu,

I believe that we are seeing here one of the unfortunate consequences of incorporating ACDs and upgrade scenarios into the BCD and subjecting them to the same level of change control.  I have yet to read the material itself, but nowhere in Andrei's cover letter is there any suggestion that the maintenance of the option of a future upgrade to gamma-gamma has any impact on the baseline design.  I therefore propose, unless there are cost/schedule/technical performance issues for the baseline in what Andrei proposes, that the correct classification of this request is Class 0.

Warren

N.Toge wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

I am announcing that CCB has received a change request for the BDS
section of ILC Baseline Config Doc from A.Seryi who is representing
the BDS AG.

This change request relates to a likely scenario for the gamma-gamma
upgrade of the BDS and IR to thoroughly examine in the timescale beyond
RDR.

The requesters suggest Class 1 as classification for this change
request. The CCB chair concurs, so it will be treated as Class 1.

I have asked G.Blair and T.Markiewicz to act as CCB reviewers (to be
confirmed shortly).

Now this request is brought to review by CCB, and is also open to
general discussion. Any members of GDE or GDE-related task groups with
comments or questions on this request, please, direct them to
ml-ccb@xxxxxxxxxxxx and/or ml-ext-gde@xxxxxxxxxxxx by the end of
Friday, May 19, PDT.

BCD is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_home
BCD change history is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_history
BDS-related RDR materials are compiled and posted at
   http://www-project.slac.stanford.edu/ilc/acceldev/beamdelivery/rdr/