[Ext-GDE-34] Params Change Request - Apr.21, 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I am reporting that Ewan Paterson (RDR Integration Scientist) and I
have submitted a change request for the Parameters section of BCD.

This change request mainly relates to the effort of establishing
a baseline layout of ILC which satisfies the timing constraints
associated with the fact that the positrons are produced with
photons from the electrons of previous machine pulses. The change
request also concerns introduction of the "Layout" subsection
within the Parameter section, so as to make a room for the
discussion above. In addition,, it includes some minor editorial
improvement on the existing text.

This request is classified as Class-1.

I have asked G.Blair and S.Mishra to act as CCB reviewers.

Now that this request is brought to review by CCB members, it is
also open to general GDE discussion. I note that this request has
consequences on other sections of ILC including,

      e+ sources, DR, RTML and Main Linacs,

in terms of design impacts and/or their BC descriptions. I am asking
the Area Leaders of these systems, specifically, to report to CCB
whether this change request is acceptable, if any amendments are
necessary, and whether they are prepared to submit corresponding BC
change requests, if deemed appropriate, before too long.

Any members of GDE or GDE-related task groups with comments or
questions on this request, please direct them to
ml-ccb@xxxxxxxxxxxx and/or ml-ext-gde@xxxxxxxxxxxx with cc: to
jmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx by the end of Tuesday, April 25, PDT.

BCD is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_home
BCD change history is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_history
RDR wiki for RTML is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=rdr:rdr_as:rtml_home

--- Begin Message ---
Dear Colleagues,

Ewan Paterson and I would like to submit a change request for the
Parameter Section of the latest version (March 28, 2006) of GDE
ILC BCD.

This change requests consists of three ingredients as follows:

1.  Minor textual improvement of the Baseline Parameter descriptions.
2.  Creation of a "Layout" subsection within the Parameter section.
3.  Introduction of the description pertaining to the 1.2km-long
    positron insert", which is needed for ensuring the collision of
    electron and positron beams under a variety of bunch patterns.

We consider that this change request as a whole corresponds to
Class-1.

We are attaching the following set of documents for review:

1. ParamsChangeReqApr2006.doc ... More detailed descriptions of the
          change request.
2. Params.21APR2006prop.doc   ... Proposed replacement file for the
          Parameter Section of BCD.
3. TimingReommendations-RevApril17.pdf ... Taskforce report (chaired
          by A.Wolski) on the ILC configyration that satisfies
          timing constraints (submitted to GDE EC on April 7, 2006).
4. ILC_ChangeLayout_extension2.pdf ... Schematic ILC layout diagram
          (proposed).
5. Timing Trombone pushpull.jpg ... Schematic diagram of the "positron
          insert" beamline (proposed).

JPEG image

--- End Message ---