[Ext-GDE-33] BDS Change Request - April 20, 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I am announcing that CCB has received a change request for the
BDS section from A.Seryi who is representing the BDS AG.

This change request relates to fixing the broken links to
external references from within the present BDS section of BCD.

The requester suggests Class 0 for this change request, and the
CCB chair concurs, so it will be treated as Class 0.
I have assigning myself, N.Toge, as the CCB reviewer.

Now this is also open to general discussion. Any members of GDE
or GDE-related task groups with comments or questions on this request,
please direct them to ml-ccb@xxxxxxxxxxxx and/or ml-ext-gde@xxxxxxxxxxxx
by the end of Friday, April 21, PDT.

Since this change request concerns only the technical aspects
of the BC text (i.e. referencing), and since Andrei tells us that
another more substantial change request is forthcoming, I am intending
to process this one very fast.

BCD is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_home
BCD change history is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_history
RDR wiki for RTML is available at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=rdr:rdr_as:rtml_home

--- Begin Message ---
Dear Nobu and Colleagues in CCB,

We would like to submit the following change request
which is described below. This is a minor change,
just to fix the references. Once it is done, we may
be submitting other more substantial requests.

 Best regards,
  Andrei on behalf of BDS Area leaders

Change request submitted to CCB by BDS area on April 19, 2006.

Requester's contact information:
Andrei Seryi, seryi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
on behalf of BDS Area leaders

Concise summary of the Change Request:
Edit the Word BDS BCD to fix broken references.

Replacement text for the relevant part of BC descriptions:
Attached as a Word file, track change option was used.

Classification in requester's view:
Category 0, as correction of simple error or text
improvement without any change of scientific contents.

Reasonably detailed descriptions and reasons for the Change Request:
There were broken references (links) in the Word BDS BCD
which were all pointing to Web page of the earlier
Web version of BDS BCD, and not to the corresponding
referred documents. These references (links) were edited
in such a way, that they now point to the corresponding item
in the "References" section of the BDS BCD Word file,
and the external supporting documents are linked from this
"References" section. These features work both in Word
and in pdf versions.

Assessment of the impacts of the change in requesters' view:
No negative impact. Improvement of text readability.

Supporting materials if any:
None needed.

--- End Message ---