[CCB-132] CCB Response to RTML Change Request of Jan.26-27, 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I am announcing that the CCB response with regards to the
RTML change request (dated, Jan.26-27, 2006) is now posted at
  http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=cache&media=bcd:ccb-com-rtml20060203.pdf

Related information is available at the following URIs:
  http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_history
  http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_home

We (CCB) are agreeing with many of the RTML change proposals.
However, after considerable discussions CCB decided that we cannot
accept this RTML change proposal set "as is".  We are hoping that
the RTML area leaders resubmit the change request with suggested
revisions soon.

I (Toge) would like to take this opportunity to thank the RTML
leaders (in particular PT) as being the first to test-drive our
change control procedure. Probably it was not PT's intention
to do so, but he provided a great help with CCB in (re)considering
how to function and work internally and to interact with all the
colleagues.

One thing that became apparent through this exercise is that making
definite BC statements on the machine layout takes much documented
discussion among all who are concerned. While CCB certainly works hard
to help create and maintain a consistent BCD set for your disposal,
the task of coordinating the layout negotiations among RDR team members
is perhaps outside the current scope of CCB charge.

It appears beneficial for the entire GDE if EC and Area Leaders
form an ILC Layout Task-force of some kind and draft a BCD section
dedicated to Layout Description on the basis of, for instance,
http://lcdev.kek.jp/GDE/ASL2006KEK/FollowupTor.21JAN2006.pdf
that was created by EC out of the Area Leaders Meeting in Jan, 2006.