Fw: [CCB-123] changes to operations and availability section

Dear GDE colleagues, and RDR team members,

As per the CCB change procedure (v.0.5, Feb.3, 2006),
http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_home ,
I am forwarding a change request for the Operations and Availability
part of BCD we received from Tome Himel today (Feb. 4, 2006, JST).

1. Based on the preliminary screening that I have done, I agree that
   this request belongs to Class 0, so this will be treated
   as a Class-0.

   This is a plain straightforward editorial update which is very
   unlikely to induce any exciting discussions.

   However,

2. This request is now posted at
   http://www.linearcollider.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bcd:bcd_history
   and is open to the entire GDE and RDR team members.
   Share your thoughts or comments, please, at ml-ccb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   The deadline is the end of Monday, Feb.6, PST.

3. I would like to ask one of the CCB members

         Shekhar Mishra

   to review Tom's change request report, share your assessment, as to

   - Whether you agree with Tom's change request,
   - Whether you have any additional comments or remarks.

The goal is to make a final decision and approval of this request by
the end of Tuesday, Feb.7, PST.

If you have any problems with this plan, please let ml-ccb@xxxxxxxxxxxx
know a.s.a.p.

--- Begin Message ---
This is a class 0 CCB request.

Summary of changes:

As requested by Nobu, I have taken the Word version and formatted it according to the CCBs specifications.

Details of changes:

Changed the font sizes of the headings to those specified.

I have made the subsection headings italic as the difference between section (18 pts) and subsection (16 pt) fonts was not apparent.  All chapter, section, subsection headings are in bold.

Changed the revision date at the top (but not in the footer, the CCB can change that if they like)

Increased the size of the pie charts in figures 1 and 2 back to their original size so the text that labels the slices can be read.

Put table 1 back into landscape so its text is large enough to read.  Also this put its caption on the same page rather than the next page (which is where the CCB editor left it).  Also, this table was anchored in some way to a fixed part of the page.  That made text creep under it when I changed the font sizes.  I got rid of that anchoring so the table positon will move if major text editing is done.

Somehow during my editing, the footer added by the CCB disappeared.  I added it back in, hopefully correctly.

I have left the two blank pages at the end that were added by the CCB.  I assume they must be wanted for some reason.  If not, then please delete them before saving it to the Wiki.

I have made absolutely no changes to the content (at least not intentionally).

Tom Himel

                                                           snail mail

email:  thimel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            SLAC MS 66

Phone (650)926-2004                            2575 Sand Hill Rd

Fax     (650)926-5124                           Menlo Park, CA 94025

--- End Message ---